Friday, December 28, 2018

Wintersday with the Kitchen Krewe

Every Wintersday, I end up catering. Some years, its the Pact wanting a kitchen commander on hand, but when I'm not cooking for the Pact, I'm catering to my krewe.

I don't often find myself in Divinity's Reach, not one for Krytan politics after the Beetlestone stuff. Elona is nice, I studied under an Elonian, but if you want the full Wintersday experience, you've got to go to Divinity's Reach. Tixx's Toypocalypse is my favourite event in the celebration, though this year I've taken to enjoying a nice warm Cup of Spiced Apple Cider after a mount race.

Ah the mount races, its interesting to see the different approaches to the race people have. My approach? I warm up with a mug of my super secret Spiced Hot Cocoa, start off on my sand jackal, and switch mounts mid race depending on my needs. Its an idea I got while studying synergetics, why focus on one thing or another when you can focus on what ties them together.

I also took out my A551-ST golem and made a Bowl of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream, something to remind me of the flavours after the festival when I'm back in Elona. Nothing to bring back memories quite like taste.

Bowl of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream

 - 500 ml Ice Cream Base (roughly a bowl)
- 100 minutes in FR33Z-R golem
- A tiny bit of Mint extract
- Omnomberry mix
- Candy Cane for garnish

Throw everything in an A551-ST golem until processed nice and swirly. Place A551-ST containment unit into FR33Z-R golem for roughly 100 minutes, or until hardened.

Remove containment unit from FR33Z-R golem, let soften until ice cream can be safely served. Spoon into bowl and garnish with Candy Cane.

(I had a bit of a camera crisis and it deleted all of my photos, here is a picture of what delicious mintberry ice cream would look like instead)


Cup of Spiced Cider

- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Mulberries for flavour
- 4 L of Cider Base
- 5 Cloves
- 1-2 tsp ground Nutmeg

Add Cider Base to cooking apparatus. To Cider Base, add mulberries (there's a reason Tyrian chefs don't make this, I had to find the ingredients while wandering in the Mists).

Heat in cooking apparatus for a few hours. The longer you cook it, the stronger the spices get. Its also true for leaving the spices in after you've finished heating, make sure to remove all spices or it will get too strong. Leaving a stick of cinnamon in is alright, but the cloves absolutely must be removed.


Then our into mug and enjoy!



Mug of Hot Cocoa

- 1.5ish tbsp cocoa (I prefer the high cocoa butter darker powder)
- Enough fructose to make a visible sugar-cocoa blend
- Cinnamon and
- Nutmeg to taste
- Whipping cream

Make a blend sugar and cocoa, add to mug. Add a couple drops water, mix into a paste (this ensures it doesn't clump, something specifically fructose also helps with because of how refined fructose's texture differs from sucrose).

Add cinnamon and cocoa to taste.

Place whipping cream in 5HK-IT, process to the point before whipped cream where it is thick and foamy but still flows freely.

Add boiling water to 2/3 of the mug, mix. Once mixed, pour in whippedish cream to fill remainder of mug and enjoy!


Sorry, can't give you exact numbers, it is a super secret mix that is not licensed under Tyrian Food law.

No comments:

Post a Comment