Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Shadow of the Mad King Looms Over My Kitchen pt 1

Double, no triple, trouble, toiling over as golem bubbles... Glitches peak while Phlunt speaks, and a Snaff entrant goes haywire amongst technogrubble.

Mitsu here, and in the spirit of the season, I've been shucking candy corn, peeling pumpkins, and baking myself into glitchy mess...

One of my favourite cookies is a seasonal one, Spicy Pumpkin Cookies, they're a delicious treat with just the right amount of heat. This was the first time I made them myself, usually I buy them from other chefs. I learned a lot making them, like how the face in the pumpkin is made. Aaah, I should make a second batch and share them with my guildmates!

I've also made a loaf my old krewe taught me how to make, a Slice of Pumpkin Bread is my favourite way to start the day in the autumn. Butter it a bit, hand it to a uWAVE-IT, and its fresh and gooey just like it is when its hot out of the oven.

I know, I know, the Pumpkin Bread is an Ascaolnian bread, and you may think its strange that Asura would be enjoying it so thoroughly, but there's a story there that someday I'll share, but till then its something you'll just have to bear. Point is, don't let some bookah tell you what you can and can't eat.

My ears, there's just so much you can do with a pumpkin, and not enough weeks to explore all of them!


Before we even get into this, bake your Sugar Pumpkin at 449.15 Korrect, 176 Common, or 350 For bookahs, until it passes the poke test (will a skewer pass through the peel cleanly?).


Slice of Pumpkin Bread

-Bowl of Pumpkin Pie Filling (which includes your spices)
- Bowl of Bakers Dry Ingredients (1 part sugar to flour, baking soda, about as much salt as baking soda)
- Butter or oil


Pumpkin loaf is one of those things that just gets me so excited to start the day. Bring it for your krewe, they'll love it too!

For this loaf, you'll want to make a batter rather than a dough. You may have noticed that there isn't water in the recipe, but if you've included the egg, butter, and pie filling, you don't need water.

First, I put my dry ingredients into a bowl. Next you'll want to drop an egg and butter/oil in if you are using that, I like oil because its a liquid lipid. Mix this a bit, but not enough to start forming a dough.

Spoon your baked Sugar Pumpkin into the mixing bowl, add your spices, and mix till a batter like consistency. You shouldn't need water! If you need water, discombobulate it, throw it out, or something, combobulate a new mixture!

For spices, I used powdered ginger, a few dashes, a few dashes powdered cloves, two literal pinches of nutmeg (Charr, please wear gloves, as nice as your fur is, I don't want it in my mouth), more than a few dashes cinnamon, and a little bit of black pepper.

Now that you have a batter, spoon this clumpy lump of to be cooked loaf into a bread pan.

Now bake at 435.15 Korrect, 162 Common, or 325 For bookahs, for roughly 60-90 minutes, depending on the ambient magic levels of the region.






Spicy Pumpkin Cookies

- Ball of Cookie Dough (cake type)
- 1 Ghost Pepper (or as much as you can tolerate)
- 3 Bowls of Candy Corn Glaze
- Bowl of Pumpkin Pie Filling

Make your ball of cake type cookie dough (this uses more flour and relies on moisture from other ingredients, like pie filling), add in Ghost Peppers, I used a couple dashes of Dave's Gourmet Ghost Pepper Sauce (I ran out of Melinda's Naga Sauce), and mix into a dough.

Now comes the hard part.

You'll want to take a small portion of dough, and put it in your 5HKE-IT golem with a few drops of green food dye, to make the stems.

Now you'll want to add a lot of orange food dye to the main bowl and mix, mix, and mix.

Once that's done, spoon out circle portions onto a greased cookie sheet, you should be able to make six per sheet.

Take a bit of the stem dough from your 5HKE-IT golem, and shape it on the tray into a stem.

For the eyes and mouth, put Candy Corn Glaze to make them. I made the mistake of only doing it for the eyes. The glaze will cause it to bake in such a way that it doesn't rise in that spot (oh, yeah, its a cake type, so I included baking soda).

Bake at 505.15 Korrect, 232 Common, or 450 For bookahs, for about 8-10 minutes, depending on ambient magic levels.

Remove from oven and let stand till ready to serve.

These are just a prototype, those mouths are not a mistake!



I don't have a sponsor for today, but I do want to tell you about https://www.extra-life.org/

They accept donations for the Children's Miracle Network, something my home community benefited a lot from when I was just a progeny. Consider donating to them and watching Arenanet's stream for the foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment